Social Project for Electrifying Rural Schools: Full installation of photovoltaic solar system at school “Cerro de los Niños” in Jalisco.
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility activities, Fisterra Energy in collaboration with The Pale Blue Dot, a non-profit Civil Association established in Mexico in 2015, has carried out a social project that contemplates the solar electrification of three rural schools.
Fisterra´s donation ensures that 146 students, 7 teachers and members of three communities, have access to an independent and sustainable source of energy at the school, in order to have suitable light and safe and reliable power supply for educational tools and different communication technologies.
At each school:
- An autonomous photovoltaic solar system was installed, which generates 900 daily watts of electricity and is comprised of:
- 2 solar panels (100 watts each one)
- Load Controller
- A lecture regarding solar energy was provided to students, teachers and parents to explain the importance of energy sustainability.
- The Electrification Committee was created in order to ensure care and maintenance of the installed equipment; such Committee is formed by the Principal, teachers and parents.
- A technical training was provided regarding the use of the installed equipment, its functioning and its capacities.